Author Archives: Red
In 1683, Islip founder William Nicoll purchased 51,000 acres of land from the Secatogue Indians. The land was situated to the east of Islip Town, and was referred to as “east of Islip”. On January 16th 1890, the area was officially named … Continue reading
Welcome to our new blog. Let’s use it to discuss all things East Islip!